Hull # 539 Loose Lucy has had nothing spared to make her one of the best J/70's in the fleet.
The boat comes with every piece of kit to make her the best turn key value.
The boat has had all the class legal work done to the bottom seam, it has the high end B&G Trident system with a center line paddlewheel plus every imaginable part plus spares of everything.
Check out the list below, this boat is loaded.
Upgraded fully boxed trailer frame, standard frame is “c” channel
Tongue extension for ramp launching
Side uprights to assist in ramp launching
Mesh keel protector Spare tire mounted on trailer Keel crane brackets mounted on trailer Two boxes on bow of trailer Keel wedges for transport Custom transport chafe pads to spread load and protect boat from transport straps Sail 22 mast cradle Upgraded tongue jack Harken deck cover Harken Hull cover Harken mast cover Harken padded bag for motor Harken padded bag for companionway hatches Harken padded shroud bag Harken padded boom bag Harken padded rudder bag Harken padded tiller bag Harken padded spreader bag Cover for furled jib, allow to keep furled jib hoisted Transport straps Class legal hull upgrades Center seam faired Trailing edge of foils beveled, boat is quite and does not hum Foils have been transited and are aligned Various carbon crash pads on deck Jib tracks have intermediate holes drilled to allow fine tune of jib car Carbon winch covers Soft deck kit Retractable spinnaker bag companion way soft cover to use while racing Shock cord retraction system on sprit Backstay is continuous and spliced through stanchion leg to allow cleating from weather side Upgraded heat seat AS-90 running rigging Custom tapered spinnaker halyard Third hand shroud tools All bearings in headstay and furling system new for worlds Total five spreaders, two sets of different sweep angles and one spare Dynamo life lines, with custom full length padded covers B&G electronics package, paddle wheel is mounted on center line just forward of keel. Reads same tack to tack. Much more difficult to mount paddle wheel on center line due to shape of hull. Two batteries with charger Custom carbon mast bracket for electronics Two carbon fixed length tiller extensions Two adjustable alloy tiller extensions One carbon kelp stick Class legal medical kit Class legal anchor Class legal bilge pump Class legal Torquedo electric motor with two batteries Varios spare blocks and parts Four Harken “L” fenders Two shroud tension gauges, analog and digital Piles of North sails. Sail inventory available upon request. Most recent was suit for 2016 Worlds Various spare battens Boat cleanly measured in 2015 North Americans and 2016 Worlds. She has not been sailed since SF 2016 Worlds.
Basic Boat Info
Boat Name: Loose Lucy
Make: J Boats
Model: J/70 70
Keel Type: Bulb Keel
Length: 23 ft
Length Overall: 22'8 ft
Waterline Length: 20'6 ft
Beam: 7'5 ft
Max Draft: 4'8 ft
Displacement: 1,750 lb
Ballast: 630 lb
Hull and Deck Construction
- Hull laminated with biaxial and unidirectional E-glass fabrics and balsa core for rugged durability.
- Deck molded with E-glass fabrics and Corecell foam core. High density core material and additional reinforcements in way of highly loaded hardware.
- All laminates are engineered and built to required ISO structural standards.
- Molded internal bulkheads with gelcoat finish, bonded to the hull and/or deck.
- Molded lift-keel structure jigged and integrally molded during primary hull layup.
- High strength, inward turning hull to deck joint bonded with structural adhesive.
- Molded non-skid on horizontal deck surfaces.
Keel & Rudder
- 4.75’ draft lifting keel with lead ballast featuring an internal leading-edge kelp cutting mechanism operable from the cockpit while underway, SS lock down plate and a single point lifting ring w/2:1 aluminum keel crane lift system.
- Investment cast diamond boat lift padeyes installed adjacent to keel P&S.
- High aspect transom mounted molded rudder.
- Composite tiller with adjustable tiller extension.
Spars & Rigging
- Carbon mast with single swept carbon spreaders, carbon masthead crane and mainsail luff track. Easy to raise and lower with deck step design and tabernacle system. Mast finished in satin black with contrasting white bands.
- Carbon boom with internal 4:1 outhaul, mainsheet attachment point, outhaul and single reef sheaves as well as provision for reef cleat and block at inboard end. Finished in satin black with contrasting white bands.
- Carbon bow sprit with tack ferrule fitting, painted black finish and seal system mounted at sprit housing.
- 1 x 19 wire standing rigging with adjustable Ronstan turnbuckles for shrouds.
- Double ended boom vang system.
- Complete running rigging package.
- SS custom fabricated chain plates for shrouds and backstay terminations.
- Interior ventilation hatch mounted on cabin house forward of mast.
- Two Primary winches with cam cleats and winch handle.
- Two jib T tracks with cars to accommodate 2:1 jib sheet terminations.
- 5:1 mainsheet purchase leading to ratchet block and centerline swivel base.
- Adjustable mainsheet traveler with 2:1 control line and cam cleats P & S.
- Double ended backstay adjuster purchase system leading forward to P & S cam cleats.
- Internal bowsprit launching system exiting aft face of the cabin house to cam cleat.
- Underdeck headsail furling system with hoistable swivel and control line exiting aft face of cabin house to cam cleat.
- Tack line cam cleat mounted to starboard on cabin.
- Spinnaker sheet blocks outboard of primary winches and aft.
- Halyard lead blocks mounted at mast base.
- Four low height SS stanchions and two reinforced SS stern rails at transom corners.
- Cockpit Safety Lines surrounding the cockpit with comfort pads and termination points on deck edge forward of shrouds.
- Transom Safety Gate.
- Foredeck U-bolt for mooring/dockline attachment.
- Air dry gelcoat finish on hull & deck surfaces
- Bench style molded seats P & S.
- Bin storage aft of seats.
- Molded liner platform with inspection port forward.
- Molded cockpit support bulkhead with inspection port.
- Anodized aluminum compression post to transfer mast step loads to internal hull structure.
- Molded entry step.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Sail Inventory / Rigging