Business/Company For Sale
Rentals / Venue Leases
Sailboats 25' and Up
Sailboats < 25' (FREE)
Sailing Gear/Want Ads/Miscellaneous
Sailing Job Bank
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
Sausalito, CA 94965
Sailboats < 25' (FREE)
The Open 5.70 was Sailing Worlds 2007 one-design Boat of the Year. Stark, simple and well manufactured, the Open 5.70 is unsinkable and cannot capsize. The easy to handle asymmetrical spinnaker drives the boat downwind at high speed that can exceed 18 knots. Setting up the boat is very simple: the mast stepping and the launching can be done on your own. For weekend racing or sailing, its trailerable size allows to tow it behing your car with a standard car license. As an international OD Class, the Open 5.70 is a fantastic, fast sport boat supported by a friendly and active class association: more performance per dollar than you will find anywhere. Fun, fast and easy to sail, this sailboat is 19 feet of pure adrenaline. Trailerable and ready to launch in a half hour. Ready to sail, ready to race.
* Fun sports boat for 3 people, with peak speed reaching 18 knots when planning downwind
* Can be easily sailed on solo your own up to 15 knots of wind even with gennaker
* No winch: everything is managed with blocks, meaning that you dont need sailing experts and dont need adults, but can sail with kids and teens very easily - vast open cockpit
* Very comfortable in windy conditions such as SF Bay
* Cannot capsize, cannot sink, very safe
* Comes with a small outboard engine which is very handy for days when the wind dies on you
* Very reasonable maintenance as many parts are from the Hobie 18 (the initial designer/maker is a French company called Phileas who was bought by Hobie group ultimately) - local sailmaker (UK Sails) gets you a full set for $5k, which again is cheap for a 19ft sports boat
* French design inspired by Vendee Globe monohulls
Our boat (USA 279) is from late 2009 and has been dry-stored most of its life, although the hull has been painted with anti-fouling by the first owner who kept it in the water for a little while. Never involved in any incident/collision, which isnt the case for several boats currently for sale. Excellent condition overall.
USA 279 inventory:
* Road trailer
* 1 full set of practice/used sails including Main, Jib, Gennaker
* 1 set on racing sails Main, Jib and Gennaker (2015) only used while racing, less than 5 times a year
* Jib cover (on furler)
* New full boat cover (2016)
* Keel crane
* Padded rudder bags
* Lifting straps
* Anchor, fenders, paddle
* Outboard engine (2014) Suzuki 2.5HP + Outboard bracket + trailer with low road miles, with mast support and light/license bar
* Hull was protected by a hull-wide sticker until 2015, so gel-coat paint (orange color) is in great shape
* Fire extinguisher, flares
Length: 5.7 m / 18' 8"
Draft: 1.75m / 5' 8"
Beam: 2.53 m / 8' 2"
Weight: 510 kg / 1,124 lbs
Mainsail Area: 17 m² / 183 ft²
Jib Sail Area: 8.31 m² / 89.4 ft²
Spinnaker Sail Area: 35 m² / 376.7 ft²
Sail Inventory / Rigging
Navigation / Electronics / System
Copyright © 2017
All Rights Reserved.